The best for your baby –
and for you.
- Breast milk contains everything your baby needs in the first few months of life - in exactly the right quantity and composition, always available and completely free of charge.
- No other baby food offers this level of protection against infections and illnesses.
Studies show: breastfed babies suffer significantly less frequently from middle ear infections, diarrhoea or respiratory and urinary tract infections. They are often also less susceptible to certain illnesses in adulthood, such as some intestinal diseases or adult-onset diabetes.
- Sucking on the breast helps strengthen the muscles in your baby’s mouth and helps the jaw to develop. This training has a positive effect during the later stages of development, when the baby begins eating solid foods and during speech development.
- If you breastfeed your baby exclusively in the first six months, you can reduce the risk of allergies by up to 50 percent. The most important thing here is to ensure that no foreign proteins enter your baby’s intestine – as is the case with food made from cow’s milk.
- Breastfeeding works wonders for your soul. You relax and refuel on energy. And from the very first time you breastfeed your baby, your body releases large amounts of hormones, which make the maternal feelings even stronger.
- Your health benefits too: Breastfeeding your baby regularly from an early stage reduces the risk of infections and bleeding after birth. And the risk of breast cancer is also reduced.
Making the right decision : All benefits at a glance : This is how it works : Solving problems :